Super Kerbau 2017 Terms and Conditions
Please take a moment to read the Terms and Conditions of the event by Borneo Ultra Trails Sdn Bhd before agreeing to proceed with the registration process.
The Super Kerbau is an extreme outdoor trail race for runners who understand the risks associated with participating in such an event. Competitors also understand that by agreeing to the terms and conditions of participating in this event they accept the risks associated with such an event and also accept medical response to an emergency may be slow due to the difficult terrain.
All runners understand the medical and emergency response time in this event will and may take longer than normal due to the remote locations of the race course and difficulty in getting on to the course on foot given how spread out the race course route is.
If a runner cannot accept these risks, they are advised not to proceed with registrations for this race.
1. Age restrictions for Super Kerbau 2017:
A) 5k-10* years and over
B) 12K-12* years and over
C) 30K-16* years and over
*Children below the age of 18 must have parental consent to participate in the event and should have either a parent or guardian at the start/finish venue OR on the race course with them to support them in their endeavour to finish their event
2. All competitors are responsible in ensuring they are fit and conditioned to participate in an extreme running event under potentially difficult conditions.
Competitors suffering from any of the medical conditions stated below are not allowed to participate in this event:
- Congenital or rheumatic heart conditions
- Myocarditis and other heart conditions
- Coronary heart disease, coronary arterial disease
- Serious arrhythmia
- Any other disease which can be aggravated by running
- Serious reactions to Bee Sting
No exceptions are made for runners/competitors with any of the above medical conditions.
It is the race director's final decision to allow or exempt runners with medical conditions not listed above.
It is important runners be truthful and honest about their medical conditions to avoid complications on the race course should there be a medical emergency.
3. Competitors agree to adhere to the set deadlines imposed, registration times and locations before committing to the event. The organization cannot extend registration times, deadlines or change the locations of it’s registration center’s.
4. All runners must appear in person to register at the set registration centers with a photocopy of their MYKARD or PASSPORT for our records and must present their original MYKARD or PASSPORT for inspection as well. This event does not allow for third party registrations or third party "bib collections" for individuals who do not turn up in person with a valid identification (i.e. passport/MYKAD/Driving License).
5.Deadlines are imposed in advance of the race especially for bus transfers and event shirt orders/accessory purchases due to the need for shipping and mass production and/or early logistics planning in advance of the race. It is your responsibility as a runner to ensure we have recorded the correct event shirt size and have the correct bus transfer listed for your departure/drop off points by checking the official dropbox folder for the event regularly.
6. For out of towners driving/flying into Kota Kinabalu for the event, it is the responsibility of each runner to ensure they arrive in Kota Kinabalu ahead of the registration time and date and to ensure they are able to attend the registrations. The race organization is not responsible for flight delays and other travel issues.
7. Competitors agree to abide by any technical decisions made by the race director, which will be final.
8. The race organization reserve the right to refuse a runner’s attendance at, or participation in, the event if they have doubts as to the competitor’s ability to complete the race or the level of fitness of a competitor for the category they have selected.
9. Competitors agree that the organizers and sponsors will in no way be held responsible for any loss of, or damage to property as a result of participation in the event. Supervised baggage storage will be provided at on the day of the event for participating runners at the start/finish venue.
10. Competitors understand and accept the race organization reserves the right at its absolute discretion to alter the date of the event, change the published course or the content of the event programe as deemed necessary at any time.
11.The race organization also reserves the right to cancel the event in the case of adverse weather conditions or safety considerations and this decision remains at the sole discretion of the race director. However the organizers will strive to try to let competitors know in advance of any cancellation or expected delay’s.
12.The race organization will accept no liability in respect of any costs and expenses competitors may incur as a result of such cancellation or delay and the race fee remains non-refundable but will assist in setting a new event date and will inform runners in advance of this new event date to allow them to make necessary changes to their itineraries and to plan ahead.
13. Competitors understand that for safety reasons and primarily for identification by medical staff, runners are prohibited from swapping, selling or transferring race slots/race entries/race bibs to another person without the express permission of the organizing team.
14. The proper method to do a ‘race slot swap’ or ‘bib swap’ so is to email the race organization with your full name, category, allocated bib number and a request to transfer your race bib number to another runner (provide the runners full name and email address) and to wait for approval. An admin fee of RM30 is chargeable.
Once approval is given, replacement runner will complete the payment of the admin fee within 24 hours and email the race organization with a copy of the payment slip to confirm admin fee has been paid. Only then will the competitor be confirmed and the ‘swap’ processed. For competitors making a bib swap/transfer close to the deadline OR on deadline day, payment in full must be made before the 12.00pm deadline(1 week from the event date) and a copy of the payment slip emailed to the organization in advance of the 12.00pm deadline 7 days from the event date.
14. This is a no refund event for withdrawals regardless of circumstances.
15. Competitors understand that race bib numbers must be displayed at all times on the front and back of the competitors vest whilst competing in the event. Failure to adhere to this rule will result in an immediate disqualification and a no start ruling. No exceptions will be made to this ruling.
12. The use of inappropriate language in any way, shape and form either by email to the organization via email, mobile phone communications, social media platforms or on our official facebook group page will mean an immediate ban from the race without compensation or any refunds. Please be sensible in the manner in which you communicate and the manner in which you also communicate with members of the organization. They are here to help you with the event and should not be subjected to any form of abuse/harasement or threats.
13. Any competitor caught re-selling their race slot for a profit will be automatically disqualified and no claims for a refund accepted.
14. For runners unable to attend the event and would like to request for the organization to send their event tee's or paid merchandise to them, please contact the organization within 30 days of the end of the event (or before the event) for shipping charges to your destination. We do not ship to P.O. boxes or military addresses (APX). Items not collected after 30 days will be sold by the organizers.
15. All content included on this Website, such as text, graphics, logos, buttons, icons, images, photographs, audio clips, databases and software (“the Content”), is the property of Borneo Ultra Trails Sdn Bhd or its content suppliers and is protected by Malaysian and international copyright laws. Furthermore, the compilation (meaning the collection, arrangement, and assembly) of all content on this Website is the exclusive property of Borneo Ultra Trails Sdn Bhd and is protected by Malaysian and international copyright laws.
16. All trademarks are and shall remain the exclusive property of Borneo Ultra Trails Sdn Bhd.
Except as stated herein, none of the material may be copied, reproduced, distributed, republished, downloaded, displayed, posted or transmitted in any form or by any means, including, but not limited to, electronic, mechanical, photocopying, recording, or otherwise, except as permitted by the fair use privilege under the Malaysia copyright laws or without the prior written permission of Borneo Ultra Trails Sdn Bhd.
17. You may not use any Super Kerbau logo or any other proprietary graphic or trademark whatsoever as part of the link without the express written permission of Borneo Ultra Trails Sdn Bhd.
18. Competitors caught cheating will be automatically banned. The organizers take a dim view of such actions.
19.Mandatory Kit: All competitors agree to abide with the stated mandatory kit list. Failure to do so during the event may mean time penalties or possible disqualification. The mandatory kit list is there for your safety.
20. Race Course Map/Race Course Profile/GPS Co-Ordinates: The race organization will release the race course map as soon as possible for all categories upon confirmation of the final race course. Possible diversions or changes to the race course may be possible and any changes that are necessary will be done so and competitors informed accordingly. GPS co- ordinates will be released ahead of the event.
21. The race director reserves the right to postpone, delay the start of the event, hold runners at designated check points along the race course for as long as possible and/or modify the race cut off times if necessary if safety becomes an issue before or during the event.
22. All runners have the option of paying either via credit card using PAYPAL for a secure transaction immediately after submitting their registration forms OR to just submit their registration forms and paying via a local bank transaction in Malaysia. All PAYPAL transactions are in Ringgit Malaysia and the entry fees have been fixed regardless of currency fluctuations. Any rate changes are completely at the discretion of PAYPAL and your credit card company and we have no influence on the exchange rates or the final amount charged to your credit card.
23. For Malaysians, we highly recommend a local bank transaction (GIRO) or cash deposit payment to avoid higher charges using a credit card via PAYPAL.
24. All runners must email a copy of their payment slips or snap shots of their PAYPAL transaction slips to the organizers so we have a data record of payment transactions and we can pull up those payments if there is an issue or runners wish to add on to their previous payments for options.
25. The organizers do not share personal data such as email addresses or date of birth or mykard numbers with anyone outside of the organization and are kept private. Any lists' circulated to the authorities or various team leaders only contain medical information and your mobile phone numbers during the race only.
Once again, if you, as a runner cannot accept the terms and conditions of this event or the risks associated with such an event, please do not proceed further with this registration process.
I have read all the Terms & Conditions above. I agree that if I do not adhere to any terms & conditions stated above, the organizers of this event may refuse my entry OR end my progress at any time of the event.