Normal Registration at Standard Fees close on 16th July or when slots have filled up. If there are available slots remaining after 16th, there may be an opportunity for late entries, but with no guarantee of T-shirts and finisher medals as these have to be ordered well in advance.
The entry fees for the 2017 TMBT Ultra-Trail® Marathon remain unchanged from 2016 at:
100 km category: RM 500
50 km category: RM 350
30 km category: RM 250
12 km category: RM 150
Under the new registration system, there will be no group discounts available for 2017.
An optional bus transfer service from Kota Kinabalu to the start line and from the finish line to Kota Kinabalu is available. The fee for the optional transport is RM 50 each way. The pickup and dropoff location in Kota Kinabalu has to be selected when ordering the service on Racematix.
Registration and payment is via Racematix. You will be transferred to the Racematix registration page when proceeding to entry at the bottom of this page. If you already have a profile with Racematix, you can log in to your profile to enter. If you do not have a profile on Racematix, you will need to first establish your profile with relevant details - it is a simple procedure that takes a few minutes. You can then select the race category and any add-ons (in this case the optional bus transfers) before proceeding to payment.
Payment options on Racematix include Local bank transfers, Paypal and credit card. Please note that there are admin fees associated with Paypal and Credit Card. If you pay with Paypal or Credit Card, your confirmation will be immediate upon payment. If you pay via bank transfer, you will need to return to the Racematix registration page to upload a copy of the payment confirmation. This will then be verified and your registration confirmed within a 7 day period.
The entry fee includes the following entitlements:
- Event tee
- Race bib
- Timing chip and timing during event
- Water and aid at all water stations
- Fruits, meals, snacks at selected aid stations on the course
- A meal at the finish line for 100 km, 50 km and 30 km categories
- Medical support during the event
- Logistical support for transfers of finisher and drop bags during race
Finishers of the race (having completed the full course within the set time limits) further receive:
- Finisher's medal.
- All finishers will be able to download their official e-cert stating their official time and standing in the event.
- 100 km, 50 km and 30 km categories will receive a finisher's tee
- ITRA points and UTMB qualification points will be awarded to competitors who complete the 30k, 50k or 100k courses within the stipulated cutoff times.
Transfers, Cancellation & Refunds
- Payments are non-refundable.
- No refunds are offered for cancellations or postponements of the event due to factor's outside and beyond the control of the organisers.
- Runners may request a bib swap or transfer before 12.00pm, 29th August 2017 with an admin fee charge of RM30 per request.
- Event shirt sizes may not be changed once a runner requests a bib swap/transfer with less than 60 days to go before the event date.
Terms & Conditions
Please take a moment to read the Terms and Conditions of the event by Borneo Ultra Trails Sdn Bhd before agreeing to proceed with the registration process.
The TMBT Ultra-Trail® Marathon is an extreme outdoor trail race that caters for experienced runners who understand the risks associated with participating in such an event. Competitors also understand that by agreeing to the terms and conditions of participating in this event they accept the risks associated with such an event and also accept medical response to an emergency may be slow due to the difficult terrain. The Ultra-Trail® marathon category is not for new or inexperienced runners as the race course is remote and the terrain difficult. For the 30k, the course is likewise challenging and somewhat remote and runners must be conditioned to be able to complete the course. The 12k category is designed to give new runners an introduction into trail running and a taste of the TMBT race course.
All runners must understand that the medical and emergency response time in this event may take longer than normal due to the remote locations of the race course and difficulty in gaining access to part of the course. If a runner cannot accept these risks, they are advised not to proceed with registrations for this race.
1. Age restrictions for TMBT 2017:
A) 12 yrs of age or older with an accompanying adult or 16years or over on race day if competing in 12kTrail Run.
B) 16 years and over on race day if competing in the 30k Trail Run category with parental consent if below 18 years of age.
C) 21 years or over on race day if competing in 50k TMBT Ultra-Trail® Marathon.
D) 21 years or over on race day if competing in 100k TMBT Ultra-Trail® Marathon.
2. All competitors are responsible in ensuring they are medically fit to compete in this extreme event and do not suffer from any of the medical conditions stated below.
- Congenital or rheumatic heart conditions
- Myocarditis and other heart conditions
- Coronary heart disease, coronary arterial disease
- Serious arrhythmia
- Any other disease which can be aggravated by running
It is the race director's final decision to allow or exempt runners with medical conditions not listed above. It is important runners be truthful and honest about their medical conditions to avoid complications on the race course should there be a medical emergency.
3. It is the responsibility of each runner to ensure they arrive in Kota Kinabalu ahead of the registration time and date and to ensure they are able to attend the registrations. The race organization is not responsible for flight delays and other travel issues.
4. Competitors agree to abide by any technical decisions made by the race director, which will be final.
5. Competitors agree that the organisers and sponsors will in no way be held responsible for any loss of, or damage to property as a result of participation in the event. Supervised baggage storage will be provided at on the day of the event for participating runners (details will be Advertised) including size and weight limitations for ‘finish bags’ and ‘drop bags.’
6. Competitors understand and accept the race organization reserves the right to alter the date of the event, change the published course or the content of the event programme as deemed necessary for safety reasons at any time.
7. Competitors understand that for safety reasons and primarily for identification by medical staff, runners are prohibited from swapping, selling or transferring race slots/race entries/race bibs to another person without the express permission of the organizing team. An admin fee will be charged for any changes. Changes are accepted up to the given deadline for this event. Kindly check with the organization directly to find out the closing date for bib swaps ahead of the event.
The proper method to do a ‘race slot swap’ or ‘bib swap’ so is to email the race organization with your full name, category, allocated bib number and a request to transfer your race bib number to another runner (provide the runners full name and email address) and to wait for approval.
8. Race bib numbers must be displayed at all times on the front of the competitors vest whilst competing in the event.
10. No refunds are payable for competitors of the TMBT Ultra-Trail® Marathon or TMBT Trail Run who withdraw, do not show up for registrations or do not turn up to compete in the event. Uncollected event tee's will be put back on sale within 30 days of the end of the event. For runners unable to attend the event and would like to request for the organization to send their event tee's or paid merchandise to them, please contact the organization within 30 days of the end of the event (or before the event) for shipping charges to your destination. We do not ship to P.O. boxes or military addresses (APX).
11. Mandatory Kit: All competitors agree to abide with the stated mandatory kit list. Failure to do so during the event may mean time penalties or possible disqualification. The mandatory kit list is there for your safety.
12. Race Course Map/Race Course Profile/GPS Co-Ordinates: The race organization will update the race course maps for all categories upon confirmation of the final race course. Possible diversions or changes to the race course may be possible and any changes that are necessary will be done so and competitors informed accordingly. GPS co- ordinates will be released ahead of the event.
13. The race director reserves the right to postpone, delay the start of the event, hold runners at designated check points along the race course for as long as possible and/or modify the race cut off times if necessary if safety becomes an issue before or during the event.
The organizers do not share personal data such as email addresses or date of birth or mykard numbers with anyone outside of the organization and are kept private. Any lists' circulated to the authorities or various team leaders only contain medical information and your mobile phone numbers during the race only.