Please take a moment to read the Terms and Conditions of the event by Borneo Ultra Trails Sdn Bhd before agreeing to proceed with the registration process.
The Sabah Adventure Challenge 2016 is an extreme outdoor multisport race that caters for experienced competitors who understand the risks associated with participating in such an event. Competitors also understand that by agreeing to the terms and conditions of participating in this event they accept the risks associated with such an event and also accept medical response to an emergency may be slow due to the difficult terrain in places. The race course is not designed for new or inexperienced competitors as the race course is remote and the terrain challenging.
The organization reserves the right to withdraw the privilege of competitors for this race if an individual is found to be lacking in the right experience and attitude or is found to be acting against the spirit of the race.
If a competitor cannot accept these risks, they are advised not to proceed with registrations for this race.
1. Age restrictions for Sabah Adventure Challenge 2016:
A) 15 yrs of age or older with an accompanying parent.
B) Otherwise 18 years and over on race day.
2. All competitors are responsible in ensuring they get a full medical check up before registering for the Sabah Adventure Challenge 2016 by a medical doctor and are medically fit to compete in this extreme event and do not suffer from any of the medical conditions stated below. Competitors suffering from any of the medical conditions stated below are not allowed to participate in this event:
- Congenital or rheumatic heart conditions
- Myocarditis and other heart conditions
- Coronary heart disease, coronary arterial disease
- Serious arrhythmia
- Any other disease which can be aggravated by running
No exceptions are made for runners/competitors with any of the above medical conditions.
It is the race director's final decision to allow or exempt competitors with medical conditions not listed above.
It is important competitors be truthful and honest about their medical conditions to avoid complications on the race course should there be a medical emergency.
3. Competitors agree to adhere to the set deadlines imposed, registration times and locations before committing to the event. Failure to appear in person to register at the set locations and within the set times will mean disqualification from the event. This event does not allow for third party registrations or third party "bib collections" for individuals who do not turn up in person with a valid identification (i.e. passport/MYKAD/Driving License). Deadlines are imposed in advance of the race especially for bus transfers and event shirt orders/accessory purchases due to the need for shipping and mass production and/or early logistics planning in advance of the race.
It is the responsibility of each competitor to ensure they arrive in Kota Kinabalu ahead of the registration time and date and to ensure they are able to attend the registrations. The race organization is not responsible for flight delays and other travel issues.
4. Competitors agree to abide by any technical decisions made by the race director, which will be final.
5. The race organization reserve the right to refuse a competitor’s attendance at, or participation in, the event if they have doubts as to the competitor’s ability to conduct the race safely. A person's character and basic respect for the organization and the rules and regulations set forth are as important as fitness and conditioning for this event.
6. Competitors agree that the organisers and sponsors will in no way be held responsible for any loss of, or damage to property as a result of participation in the event. Supervised baggage storage will be provided at on the day of the event for participating runners (details will be Advertised) including size and weight limitations for ‘finish bags’ and ‘drop bags.’
7. Competitors understand and accept the race organization reserves the right at its absolute discretion to alter the date of the event, change the course or the content of the event programme as deemed necessary at any time. The race organization also reserves the right to cancel the event in the case of severe adverse weather conditions or safety considerations and this decision remains at the sole discretion of the race director.
The race organization will accept no liability in respect of any costs and expenses competitors may incur as a result of such cancellation or delay and the race fee remains non-refundable but will assist in setting a new event date and will inform runners in advance of this new event date to allow them to make necessary changes to their itineraries and to plan ahead.
8. Competitors understand that for safety reasons and primarily for identification by medical staff, runners are prohibited from swapping, selling or transferring race slots/race entries/race bibs to another person without the express permission of the organizing team. An admin fee of RM30 + 6% GST will be charged for any changes. Changes are accepted up to 12.00pm, 1st March 2016.
This is a no refund event for withdrawals regardless of circumstances.
9. The re-sale of your race slot via third parties or alternative methods such as group pages on facebook or other websites is strictly prohibited. Any competitor caught doing so will be disqualified immediately. No requests for refunds will be entertained. The re-selling of race bibs and race slots without the permission of the race organization is illegal and is unacceptable.
The proper method to do a ‘race slot swap’ or ‘bib swap’ so is to email the race organization with your full name, category, allocated bib number and a request to transfer your race bib number to another runner (provide the runners full name and email address) and to wait for approval. An admin fee of RM30 + 6% GST is chargeable.
Once approval is given, replacement competitor will complete the payment of the admin fee within 48 hours* and email the race organization with a copy of the payment slip to confirm admin fee has been paid. Only then will the competitor be confirmed and the ‘swap’ processed. For competitors making a bib swap/transfer close to the deadline OR on deadline day, payment in full must be made before the 12.00pm deadline and a copy of the payment slip emailed to the organization in advance of the 12.00pm deadline on 1st March 2016.
10. Competitors understand that race bib numbers must be displayed at all times on the front and back of the competitors vest whilst competing in the event. Failure to adhere to this rule will result in an immediate disqualification and a no start ruling. No exceptions will be made to this ruling.
12. The use of inappropriate language in any way, shape and form either by email to the organization via email, mobile phone communications, social media platforms or on our official facebook group page will mean an immediate ban from the race without compensation or any refunds. Please be sensible in the manner in which you communicate and the manner in which you also communicate with members of the organization. They are here to help you with the event and should not be subjected to any form of abuse/harrasement or threats.
13. Any competitor caught re-selling their race slot for a profit will be automatically disqualified and no claims for a refund accepted.
14. No refunds are payable for competitors who withdraw, do not show up for registrations or do not turn up to compete in the event. Uncollected event tee's will be put back on sale within 30 days of the end of the event if uncollected. For runners unable to attend the event who would like to request for the organization to send their event tee's or paid merchandise to them, please contact the organization within 30 days of the end of the event (or before the event) for shipping charges to your destination. We do not ship to P.O. boxes or military addresses (APX).
15. All content included on this Website, such as text, graphics, logos, buttons, icons, images, photographs, audio clips, databases and software (“the Content”), is the property of Borneo Ultra Trails Sdn Bhd or its content suppliers and is protected by Malaysian and international copyright laws. Furthermore, the compilation (meaning the collection, arrangement, and assembly) of all content on this Website is the exclusive property of Borneo Ultra Trails Sdn Bhd and is protected by Malaysian and international copyright laws.
16. All trademarks are and shall remain the exclusive property of Borneo Ultra Trails Sdn Bhd.
Except as stated herein, none of the material may be copied, reproduced, distributed, republished, downloaded, displayed, posted or transmitted in any form or by any means, including, but not limited to, electronic, mechanical, photocopying, recording, or otherwise, except as permitted by the fair use privilege under the Malaysia copyright laws or without the prior written permission of Borneo Ultra Trails Sdn Bhd.
17. You may not use any SAC logo’s or any other proprietary graphic or trademark whatsoever as part of the link without the express written permission of Borneo Ultra Trails Sdn Bhd.
18. Competitors are expected to take full responsibility for own safety on the race course. If for instance a river level goes up and is deemed unsafe to cross, this should not be attempted. Marshalls and race officials will not always be on hand to make these decisions. Where Marshalls are at hand, instructions must be followed, but with the ultimate responsibility for safety resting with the individual competitor. You are responsible in part for your safety and you need to not only be sensible about your conduct but also must practice a safety first attitude at all times.
19. Competitors caught cheating will be automatically banned. The organizers take a dim view of such actions.
20.Mandatory Kit: All competitors agree to abide with the stated mandatory kit list. Failure to do so during the event may mean time penalties or possible disqualification. The mandatory kit list is there for your safety.
21. The race director reserves the right to postpone, delay the start of the event, hold runners at designated check points along the race course for as long as possible and/or modify the race cut off times if necessary if safety becomes an issue before or during the event.
22. All runners have the option of paying either via credit card using PAYPAL for a secure transaction immediately after submitting their registration forms OR to just submit their registration forms and paying via a local bank transaction in Malaysia. All PAYPAL transactions are in Ringgit Malaysia and the entry fees have been fixed regardless of currency fluctuations. Any rate changes are completely at the discreation of PAYPAL and your credit card company and we have no influence on the exchange rates or the final amount charged to your credit card.
For Malaysians, we highly recommend a local bank transaction (GIRO) or cash deposit payment to avoid higher charges using a credit card via PAYPAL.
All runners must email a copy of their payment slips or snap shots of their PAYPAL transaction slips to the organizers so we have a data record of payment transactions and we can pull up those payments if there is an issue or runners wish to add on to their previous payments for options.
The organizers do not share personal data such as email addresses or date of birth or mykard numbers with anyone outside of the organization and are kept private. Any lists' circulated to the authorities or various team leaders only contain medical information and your mobile phone numbers during the race only.
For online security purposes, our credit card payment system and our registration process are kept separate (PAYPAL) to ensure no one person can ever have access to all personal information of a runner if there ever is a security breach.
Once again, if you, as a runner cannot accept the terms and conditions of this event or the risks associated with such an event, please do not proceed further with this registration process.
I have read all the Terms & Conditions above. I agree that if I do not adhere to any terms & conditions stated above, the organizers of this event may refuse my entry OR end my progress at any time of the event.